Elizabeth has 15 years of industry experience in physiotherapy, exercise physiology and sports science. She completed her Masters of Physiotherapy at the University of Canberra and Masters of Sports Science at Bond University.
Elizabeth discovered her passion for treatment of injuries and rehabilitation after many successful years delivering strength and conditioning training to personnel in the Australian Army and as Fitness Advisor to Australian Federal Police Operational Response Group.
She takes a holistic approach to care; finding and treating the cause of symptoms to ensure the best long-term outcomes.
Elizabeth is a practising physiotherapist and an ESSA accredited exercise physiologist. She has a passion for holistic care; diagnosing and treating the cause of symptoms to provide the best long-term outcomes for her patients. She enjoys serving the community in private practice and has also provided treatment to some of Australia’s top sportspeople in elite running, karate, surf lifesaving, triathlon, ironman, gymnastics, the Brumbies (rugby union), Canberra Raiders (rugby league), and Canberra United W League (football). Most recently, Elizabeth was appointed team physiotherapist for the 2019 Touch Football World Cup in Malaysia.
Elizabeth is highly regarded for her physiotherapy ability, having received the Neurological Award and Research Foundation Award for Professional Excellence from the Australian Physiotherapy Association, the peak body for physiotherapists that celebrates the commitment and outstanding achievements of its members.
Her true calling for treatment of injuries and rehabilitation was discovered after many successful years delivering strength and conditioning high-performance training to personnel in the Australian Army and as Fitness Advisor to Australian Federal Police Operational Response Group. This led to her formal training in Physiotherapy at the University of Canberra. Elizabeth received the best overall Academic Award and recognition award for Academic Excellence whilst completing her Masters of Physiotherapy. Elizabeth was also recognised for Academic Excellence whilst completing her Masters of Sports Science.
Elizabeth holds a Masters of Sport Science, Masters of Physiotherapy, Bachelor of Science majoring in Chemistry and various other related qualifications & training (see below). Elizabeth applies an integrated approach utilising all of her skills. Despite her many high achievements Elizabeth is a humble person who is also genuine, kind and honest - personal attributes that enhance the quality of professional care she offers.
Elizabeth is committed to continuous learning and participates regularly in professional development activities to continually upgrade her professional knowledge and skills to ensure the contribution she makes to healthcare is of the highest standard. When you choose Elizabeth as your treating physician you know you’ll get the latest and best treatment and an ongoing management plan that supports the life you want to live.
Elizabeth has additional qualifications and training including:
- Active Release Techniques Whole Body Practitioner -Spine, Upper Limb, Lower Limb
- Strength & Conditioning ASCA Level 1 & (Level 2 coursework)
- Intermediate Recreational Running Coach Level 2
- APA Physiotherapy in Sports Level 1 - APA Running Rehabilitation
- Certificate III & IV in Fitness (TAFE NSW) - Exercise Professional Level 3 (Group Fitness & Personal Trainer)
- Lyn Watson Level 1 Shoulder Course - KC Sports Chiropractor Upper Extremity Pain 2 Performance
- APA Introduction to the Wrist and Hand - Pilates Level 1 Matwork and Rehabilitation Core Module
- Sports Medicine Australia Advanced Sports Taping - Australian Kettlebell Instructor
- CrossFit Coach Level 1 - Olympic Weightlifting Coach (State & Club level)
- Sports Trainer & First Aider - AUSTSWIM Swim Coach
- Senior First Aid & CPR - Regular APA & ESSA webinars
- Dry Needling Techniques
- Acute and complex Musculoskeletal Disorders - Sporting Injuries
- Running Injuries & Coaching - Injuries in Adolescents
- Spine Pain & Spinal Disorders - Nerve Injuries & Neurological Disorders
- Women’s Health (Pre/Postnatal) - Post-Surgical Rehabilitation
- Sports Specific Training Programs